Here are four basic tips for cycling
Stay in control
The following are things you can do to keep control of your bike, even in an emergency:
- Make sure your bike is the right size and adjusted correctly for you.
- A custom built bike is more comfortable and easier to control.
- Ask our technicians for advice on choosing the right size bike.
- Make sure your bike runs smoothly by inspecting it before riding.
Properly fitted helmets provide protection from a potentially life-threatening head injury. By law, cyclists under the age of 18 must wear a bicycle helmet while riding on a public road.
Wear the helmet according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Be visible and vigilant
Even if you comply with all traffic laws, there is always the risk of a collision.
- Be prepared to stop for vehicles waiting at stop signs, driveways, or parking lots.
- Be prepared to take evasive action on vehicles that have just passed you and may turn right.
- Use hand signals before turning or changing lanes to warn traffic around you.
Drive in a safe lane position
Drive in the same direction as traffic so you are more visible to motorists entering the road or changing lanes in the following scenarios:
- Overtaking a vehicle or another bicycle.
- Preparing to turn left at an intersection.
- When a lane is too narrow for a bike
- When approaching a right turn.
- If the street is a one-way street with two or more lanes.
Included with every bike rental:
Condition and purpose
- For rental-only bookings, full payment is required at the time of booking. Payment will be made via the secure online booking system.
- For all other bookings, the Customer undertakes to pay a 30% deposit to Garda Rent Boat at the time of booking and the remaining balance on the start date of the booking by cash or postal payment.
- If the Client fails to pay the total price on the rental start date, Garda Rent Boat reserves the right to cancel, modify or modify the Client's reservation at its sole discretion.
- Payment in full or in part of the total price (including payment by credit card) implies acceptance of these Terms and Conditions:
Changes to bookings/cancellations
- If the service is unavailable for the Rental Period due to circumstances beyond Garda Rent Boat's control (such as theft, fire, earthquake or damage resulting from a previous rental agreement), Garda Rent Boat will endeavor to his best efforts to offer the Client a suitable alternative. If Garda Rent Boat is unable to offer a suitable alternative, the Client will be entitled to a full refund of all sums paid to Garda Rent Boat, less any costs incurred by Garda Rent Boat in relation to this booking.
- No refunds will be given for early returns, late collections, no-shows, or afterthoughts.